Birthright 2.0
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Court 1: Decree: Talent Search!

2 posters

Go down

Court 1: Decree: Talent Search! Empty Court 1: Decree: Talent Search!

Post  Eriene Mierelen Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:22 am

My lieutenant, Garrick, a grizzled rogue from Brechtur who followed me South, is charged with conducting some personnel recruitment in the City of Anuire. This purpose consists of several related but distinct aspects:

1. Professional help: Garrick himself will go to the college of wizardry and ask for help locating a cartographer and an engineer (and if there is a low-level mage available, Garrick has instructions to negotiate competitively). A doctor if my caravels do not have one already. And critical: he is to make an offer for a "palace sage" who will live in Endier with me and will discourse philosophically in my arboretum.

2. Skilled Help: Guild members in Anuire will seek-out established and respected navigators capable of conducting a long overseas voyage (2-4 needed)

I will offer salaries (represented by minor maintenance costs).

In suggesting a cost for their services and their upkeep, there are no rules. But it basically boils down to me trying to get some bonuses to my checks for colonization and sea-faring--as well as the coolness of having a court sage. Also, I hope to maintain some of these connections for a further "talent search".

Eriene Mierelen

Back to top Go down

Court 1: Decree: Talent Search! Empty Re: Court 1: Decree: Talent Search!

Post  Eriene Mierelen Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:25 am

The people are there, and you will have no trouble finding them. The upkeep will be .5gb. Their talent is based on the following = +1 to check if rolled 1, 0 if rolled 2-5, 5-10 is +1, 10-19 is +2, and 20 is +4. Fair? You can dissolve them only after you've sampled their service, if they are shitty or detrimental.

AND you rolled a 2.

So I ask again, fair?

Eriene Mierelen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guilder Kalien Mon Sep 19, 2011 4:55 am

Possibly a slightly higher bonus would be appropriate for their aid, since the actual; game-play consequences of their service is fairly minor (i.e. not involved in any sort of big holding increases and so forth--just shipping checks and making maps and so forth).

But in any case there should be a chance for failure, and fail I did, regardless of scaling of bonuses. They're being shipped off next turn, so maybe I'll let the savages eat them in the New Continent. That is, if the shitty cartographer doesn't get lost and starve in the wilderness.

Guilder Kalien

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum